JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The JPMorgan Chase Legal Department is responsible for providing legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally align with the Corporation’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams and businesses and staff areas to discuss legal, regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timely manner.
About the Office of Legal Obligations. The Office of Legal Obligations is responsible for oversight and management of the End-to-End Legal and Regulatory Process Program (“Program”). This Program is one of approximately 25 initiatives that are sponsored at the operating committee level of JPMorgan Chase (“JPMC”). The objective of the Legal and Regulatory Process Program is to design and develop a global, firm-wide, risk-based process to evidence compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations (“Legal Obligations”). Reporting will be made possible by linking an enterprise-wide taxonomy of Legal Obligations to controls that evidence compliance, including policies, self-assessments, training, monitoring and others from each Line of Business. Sustainability will depend on a “lifecycle” based on enterprise-wide standards and governance to monitor compliance with current Legal Obligations and to oversee consistent, Firm-wide changes in businesses and products as Legal Obligations develop.
For the program, JPMC requires experienced attorneys with regulatory awareness and background, able to understand the risks to the Lines of Business and the Firm of non-compliance with laws and regulations. The ideal candidate will lead efforts to help all JPMC businesses in all geographies enter and maintain Legal Obligations that apply to JPMC across the various businesses in the Firmwide Legal Obligations Library. The individual will be responsible for leading cross-enterprise efforts of lawyers to monitor, identify and document all laws, rules, and other regulatory sources affecting the Firm’s products. The role requires significant cross-functional collaboration, including with line of business lawyers, their Compliance counterparts, as well as counterparts in Risk and Oversight and Controls, senior business leaders and with regulators. The environment is fast-paced, often requiring that issues be addressed rapidly - to ensure the firm stays in compliance with the rapidly-evolving rules that may apply to our highly regulated industry. The successful candidate must have strong analytical and collaborative skills, be able to work independently as well as collaboratively within the team and be a true "self starter."
Primary Responsibilities will include:
• Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams and external service providers to develop and maintain Legal Obligations.
• Lead and collaborate with others on initiatives to monitor changes in laws, regulations, and other regulatory sources.
• Assist in the development and management of other cross-enterprise product subject matter expertise as required.
• Collaborate with appropriate product area lawyers to enhance consistency of legal positions.
• Routinely research and analyze local laws/rules to quickly assess impacts on the firm’s products, services and businesses.
• Summarize and report on Legal Obligations and changes to existing law.
• Work with Compliance counterparts, as well as counterparts in Risk and Oversight and Controls, to identify and implement process changes to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Prepare, and maintain on an ongoing basis, matrices and other job aids to allow for on-going reporting.
• Occasional research to support special projects as needed.
• Law degree
• Maximum of 5+ years’ experience working with legislation or regulation of financial services.
• Strong leadership skills and experience working in matrix-reporting work environments.
• Strong research and writing skills.
• Strong interpersonal, management and advocacy skills.
• Prior experience in financial services regulation, particularly with regard to regulation of financial products.
• Organized, pro-active, ability to handle multiple priority matters simultaneously and work efficiently within tight timeframes, detail-oriented and self-sufficient.
• Proficiency and interest in technology and systems development.
• Strong communication skills, good team player and ability to prioritize workload and manage expectations.
• Cantonese and Mandarin language skills an advantage.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.