JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Security Technology (GST) within Corporate Technology & Risk provides strategic application development and production support to the firm wide Global Security & Investigations. This organization is responsible for all aspects of security including physical access, fraud, pre-employment processing, aviation, resilience, crisis management and other related areas. The team will develop technology solution to maintain firm’s resiliency data, manage recovery strategy for business & technology processes, crisis management, real-time reporting and monitor metrics.
As a Data Team Manager and Lead you will help define and drive the data strategy and road map for the GST organization. You will provide solutions/data architecture, implementation and service delivery expertise. You will develop, mentor and lead a world-class team of database engineers, data modelers and DBAs. You will assume accountability for data quality and governance across a variety of RDBMS and NoSQL technology stacks. Mentoring junior, mid-level and senior-level data engineers is key, as well as career development within the data and architectural space.
Reporting into the Executive Director of Technology, you will serve as an arbiter of change by driving technology innovation, and foster a healthy development culture within the team, ensuring timely projects delivery and operational excellence.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Participating in data modeling, RDBMS and schema design from concept - implementation
* Driving teams to create RDBMS stored procedures, tables and views, optimized for data retrieval, persistence, low-latency and optimal query structure
* Driving teams to produce realistic estimates, work with the Business Analysts, Development Manager and Project Manager to ensure that tasks are completed within estimates and variances identified early
* Drive teams to deliver database instances and implementations, within various environments
* Actively drive database schema reviews, stored procedure reviews and walkthroughs to ensure that solutions meet the needs of the business and the system
* Drive teams to innovate utilizing NoSQL technologies
* Manage projects for ETL and data migrations to move data through environments (Development, Test and Production)
* Manage and track removal of impediments and defects, manage new demand; enhancement requests
* 12+ years of extensive hands-on RDBMS data modeling, schema creation and stored procedure experience. Minimum of 8+ years production database experience
* Management and leadership experience (team size: 10+)
* Agile delivery experience
* Strong RDBMS and data architecture, analysis, design, procedure authoring and schema review skills
* Knowledge of NoSql data modeling, schemas, implementation and support (Cassandra, CouchDb, MongoDb)
* Experience driving database best practices
* Deliver status reports to senior executives, strong communication skills
* Must have strong indexing and performance optimizations experience
* Must be familiar with database clustering and RDBMS setup within a production environment
* SVN or GIT Code Repository experience
* Operating Systems experience on Windows and Linux, prefer Unix too
* Oracle 11g experience
* Financial services experience
* IDEs: Toad, Oracle Sql Developer
* Cognos reporting experience
* NoSQL Experience (CouchDB, MongoDB, Cassandra)
* BI Tools
* ETL tools (Informatica, DataStage)
* Apache Geode experience
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.