JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Global Finance, Corporate Treasury and Risk Management organization's charter is to build scalable systems and a resilient infrastructure that meet shared requirements and objectives for the firm: robust data quality and management; technology architecture and operating models; and new regulatory reporting requirements, including those related to the firm's Basel risk data integration, risk reporting principles, comprehensive capital analysis, and recovery and resolution programs.
The overall focus of the divisional CDO will be to increase the leverage of Technology across JP Morgan Chase by working with and across the firm's business lines to improve the speed of delivery of new business functionality, software enhancements and maintenance. The divisional CDO is responsible for maintaining a culture of continual improvement across a number of application and development projects. He / She will pay particular attention to improving the productivity of the Risk and Finance technology workforce, through the application of appropriate and proven development and delivery processes such as agile methods, delivery of tools that support and encourage efficient behavior and reduce waste, and driving the use of standards and common frameworks and services. An additional focus of this role is also to provide the leadership and management of the Quality Assurance function for Risk and Finance technology. In this regard, this individual will define and govern the implementation of QA strategies partnering with Risk and Finance CTO’s.
- Create organizational capability to insure the velocity and accuracy of software delivery
- Provide thought leadership in terms of continuous prioritization of software delivery
- Assess team effectiveness and remove software delivery organizational roadblocks, such as skills development, personnel, and required tools and technologies
- Standardize SDLC practices across Risk and Finance Technology organization
- Improve the efficiency of our application development teams and programs
- Mine and dramatically increase the use of a small set of documented processes across the delivery lifecycle, from business function cost estimation and prioritization, through requirements definition, design, development, testing and QA
- Develop, implement, and drive adoption of toolsets that support the above processes, across multiple languages and environments
- Increase the coverage of existing code metrics across more teams and more languages.
- Deliver tools that allow for more valuable metrics to be delivered to more teams, across more code bases
- Drive a sustainable process in each development organization that leads to greater code quality, increased application resiliency, scalability and security
- Evaluate, develop, and improve the Quality Assurance techniques deployed against all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Evaluate, and improve the Quality Control activities executed by the Quality Control Directors
- Develop and advance the overall Quality model including strategic direction, guidelines, processes, tools and metrics