JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
As a Support Analyst in Risk & Finance Technology, you will be responsible for the smooth and effective operation of our real-time applications and 24/7 availability of our systems through careful monitoring and troubleshooting of production processes, automating procedures where possible via scripting, and release management. Additional duties will include handling ad-hoc requests from the user community, participation in ongoing performance improvements around the production environment, keeping application documentation up to date, and performing root cause analysis during and post issues.
The successful candidate will need to truly understand how the systems work so they can contribute to the overall solution, including the ability to create unix scripts, autosys jobs, SQL queries, and alerts independently. They will be considered partners for a solution, not simply command executors, and are expected to add value by suggesting changes to the infra and processing. During a training period of approximately three months, they will be sitting with the development teams to gain the knowledge required for the position
Duties include but not limited to:
• Start of Day ready for business checks
• Environment management: Production, UAT, Pre-Prod
• Scripting: Autosys, Unix, Database queries
• Raising Alerts to users
• Release management
• L1 investigation and resolution of issues raised by users
As a member of the Application Support team, you will also be responsible for performing L1 & L2 caliber troubleshooting/triage of incidents, working trouble tickets, completing escalation management, providing L2 monitoring support at the infrastructure, application & middleware layers, and resolving and reporting of incidents for our production environments. In addition, you will execute system administrative tasks, help to create and maintain production support documentation, and assist on projects when directed. In this position, you will be responsible to quickly evaluate information, engage and assist technology staff, and communicate issues to help remediate and resolve production issues efficiently and effectively. In support of incident management, you will work closely with other technology groups including Development, Database Administration, Quality Assurance (QA), and Infrastructure (Networking, Systems and Storage, Build and Deploy, and Operations), both onshore and offshore, as well as our business partners.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical or business area
• Minimum of 5 years of experience overall, with at least 2+ years of experience working in an applications production support/application development environment
• Experience supporting real-time sensitive applications
• Experience supporting distributed caching technologies
• Experience supporting Java-based multi-threaded applications
• Superior Unix skills (4+ years experience)
• Superior Oracle skills (4+ years experience)
• Superior Scripting Skills (Sql, Unix, Autosys, etc.)
• Strong understanding of messaging (MQ, JMS)
• Ability to react quickly under pressure
• Ability to work independently and multitask
• Willingness to work off hours and on weekends as required
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Business knowledge in Risk preferred
• A “can do” attitude
Additional Preferred Skills:
• Scripting & Configuration — UNIX shell or other system level scripting, SQL scripting
• WebLogic — Application Server experience/administration
• Oracle DB - Functional knowledge of SQL; Practical implementation experience of schemas and stored procedures
• Should be familiar with release management best practices and adherence to security policies
• IT process design & implementation skills and experience
• Strong technical documentation skills
• Ensures monitoring alerts and system events are assessed, prioritized, and managed
• Manages client impacting incidents including business impact assessment, technical resolutions, engagement, and communications
• Complies with organization standards, regulations, and requirements
• Implements and follows organization incident, problem, and change management processes
• Ensures potential client impacting incidents are identified and remediated prior to client impact or remediated as soon as possible after issues arise.
• Builds and maintains strong relationships with technology teams and business partners to identify process improvement opportunities
• Collaborates with technology teams and business partners to understand application functions and related downstream processing components
• Drives continuous improvement of services and processes in order to increase platform stability and improved operational efficiencies
• Participates with post incident reviews for client impacting incidents
• Identifies post incident review action items and process improvement opportunities
• Works with Change Management/ Release Managers on the evaluation of change events
• Runs Disaster Recovery Tests
• Aligns with business strategies, goals, and objectives
• Assists in translating business requirements into proposed IT services & solutions
• Develops and distributes performance metrics for core services
• Designs & implements customer satisfaction surveys and measurements as assigned
• Develops and maintains process and procedure documentation (knowledge management)
• Collaborates with technology and business partners to continuously identify proactive monitoring and health check opportunities
• Assures Operations Run Book is up to date
• Network — Familiarity with general network concepts/devices and troubleshooting techniques.
• Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery — Familiarity with approaches & procedures.
• Monitoring & Alerts — developing monitoring at the infrastructure, application and/or database level.
• Distributed systems — application servers, web servers, messaging systems, web-based systems.
• Development Process & Methodologies — Familiarity with software development life cycle.
• Business knowledge — Knowledge of financial industry, investment banking and its systems.
• Incident management skills and experience
• Knowledge of Incident, Problem and Change Management processes and tools
• Solid project management skills, especially in a cross-functional environment
• Experience using SQL for support analysis and incident resolution
• Experience working in a relational database environment (e.g. ORACLE)
• Knowledge of application/tool/infrastructure log management function
• Experience working in a web-based distributed client server environment, including strong understanding of typical 3 tier architecture and infrastructure setups
• Effective communication, both phone and written correspondence, and the ability to generate documentation
• Ability to drive the work effort to resolution, to include sticking with the problem and coordinating the efforts of others to achieve the desired end-result
• Ability and desire to take ownership of issues and the position
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and frequently changing environment
• An understanding that the position requires a resolution of the issue that occurs after-hours at times, requiring participation in an on-call rotation
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effort
• Solid experience in documenting requirements and technical specifications
• Understanding of business process reengineering and business modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis
• Influence and negotiation skills
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.