JPMorgan Private Bank is the world’s premier private bank, operating globally, catering for an ultra high net worth client base with highly sophisticated investment, wealth preservation and financing requirements. Through discretionary and brokerage services the Private Bank offers a broad range of investment solutions encompassing alternative investments, structured products, mutual funds, derivatives and securities. It also offers cash management, corporate finance advice, structured lending, and acts as manager of regulated funds. For the EMEA platform product origination, structuring and execution are conducted from the London operation.
EMEA Compliance Coverage Strategy
The EMEA Compliance coverage strategy requires:
Product expertise, the in-depth knowledge of a full range of products, including fx and securities, banking products, derivatives, structured products, investment funds (including Hedge Funds and Private Equity), their purpose, target clients, specific relevant risks, deal/trade/process flow and settlement.
Core expertise, the in-depth knowledge and application of firm policy and regulatory requirements across multiple product, service and jurisdictions. Specifically Client Assets (CASS) and awareness of Suitability, Financial Promotions, , Conflicts of Interest, Private Placement rules, AML, Chinese Walls, FCA Licensing & Registration, Best Execution, Market Abuse, and UCITS and AIFMD.
The successful candidate will report directly to Nicola Scott, ED Compliance Director and will be a key member of a highly regarded team. The individual will provide general support to the Private Bank businesses conducted in the region and will have a primary focus on the CASS requirements within the private bank and other investment products. The individual will:
· Assess and analyse Compliance and Regulatory issues as they pertain to CASS;
· Assess and analyse the impact of proposed new products, services and procedures;
· Assist business management in the development of policies and procedures designed to achieve and ensure compliance with firm and regulatory requirements;
· Support and advise the CF10a on all CASS related issues raising awareness of any industry best practices
· Represent Compliance at the CASS Committee and other working groups as required
· Act as the CASS SME within the Private Bank ensuring appropriate liaison with the regional CASS SME within J.P. Morgan
· Assist and advise on the implementation of regulatory change
· Provide clear advice on the application of UK, EU and US rules and firm policy;
· Liaise with internal and external auditors and manage responses and action compliance issues raised in audit reports & Control Self Assessment reviews;
· Work with global and regional compliance management;
· Identify and investigate potential rule and policy breaches, conduct investigations, coordinating corrective action with other control functions as necessary/required;
· Educated preferably to Degree Level, possibly with appropriate accounting or legal qualification/background.
· Significant experience working in a similar role.
· Excellent working knowledge of the CASS rules
· Good working knowledge of PRA/FCA Handbook, EU regulations and US securities laws.
· Excellent working knowledge of Private Banking investment products and alternative investments.
· Previous work experience in Investment Banking, Private Banking or Alternative Asset Management.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment
· Attention to detail and control/quality awareness.
· Good communication skills especially the ability to articulate complex issues to a range of audiences, including business management, other Legal and Compliance colleagues, Audit and regulatory authorities.
· Good organisational and planning skills.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.