JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Risk Finance Technology (RFT) builds and supports the firm's financial infrastructure to ensure Finance professionals have access to the tools and information necessary to drive success. In partnership with Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) and others, we deliver solutions that meet the requirements of our key clients. GFT provides technology support for general ledger, profitability, cost allocations, treasury, accounts payable, reference data, project accounting and fixed assets while offering plan and build support for reporting tools.
As part of the RFT Operate Application L2 Support, primary responsibilities will be to ensure the smooth and effective operation of SAS application and 24/7 availability of the systems through careful monitoring of infrastructure, production processes, automating procedures where possible via scripting, and performing Permit to Operate on each application release. L2 Support is responsible for day to day support of SAS environments infrastructure products including the production, test and DR environments. Works with the development and other support teams to provide design guidelines and imparts knowledge on technical trends and solutions. The candidate will Instrument end to end monitoring of the SAS infrastructure, ensuring high availability of the environment and timely alerting of any potential issues. Ensures infrastructures have adequate capacity and are refreshed on a periodic basis. Develops and maintains system documentation, run-books and production metrics reporting. Work effectively within the RFT team to identify and resolve issues. Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels.
Additionally, responsible for SAS administration, resolving client issues, change management, documentation, installs/upgrades of SAS, coordinate outages with the customers, coordinate patching with server team and perform restarts. Be the driver for L1 & L2 caliber troubleshooting/triage of incidents, reviewing data-quality issues, completing escalation management. In addition the individual will be providing L2 monitoring support at the infrastructure, application & middleware layers, resolving and reporting of incidents for the production environments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical or business area
- Must have 5-7+ Years of SAS product installation experience in UNIX/AIX
- Familiarity with Enterprise Storage Management / Hierarchical Storage
- Proven track record of mid-level to senior SAS implementation and system
management experience required, Unix shell scripting is required
- 7-10 years of experience overall, with at least 2+ years of experience working
in an applications production support/application development environment
Additional Required Skills:
· Adding, modifying and deleting SAS users and user privilege
· Registering data sources in metadata
· Managing software license, both client and server, installation and compliance
· Tracking, evaluating, testing and deploying patches and hot fixes
· Responding to and resolve user reported incidents
· Monitoring server and system health, notifying other support teams as necessary to maintain system availability
· Adding, removing and monitoring jobs on the job scheduler
· Escalating issues to SAS Support and work with SAS to resolve incidents
· Participating in infrastructure projects to improve the SAS environment
· Participating in other business intelligence and IT projects that affect the SAS environment as the SAS expert
· Documenting system and process changes
· Making recommendations to user community and management for improvement
· Install and configure SAS
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability and Veteran.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.