J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Transaction Services is one of the largest cash management providers globally servicing more than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities in over 180 countries. Services include cash management, liquidity and escrow services that resolve the working capital and efficiency challenges treasury professionals face today.
This Risk Manager position is critical to identifying, assessing and proactively managing the inherent credit, market, fiduciary, reputational, regulatory and operational risks of those services.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Proactive identification, assessment and remediation of emerging risk issues and themes, including credit, fiduciary, legal, market, operational, regulatory and reputational risks.
- Effective partnering with business and functional colleagues to guide consistent and rigorous JPMorgan risk management framework and practices, including developing and maintaining risk policies, new business initiative approval process, risk event analysis and risk management reporting
- Review root cause analysis of significant operational risk events and determine if appropriate remediation efforts have been identified and implemented.
- Development of standard product policies and guidance on deal structuring, in particular on exceptions to standards
- Escalation point and leadership in prioritization for risk issues including the identification of control gaps and their satisfactory remediation ensuring that each is appropriately assessed for severity and managed to completion
- Sponsorship for aspects of key projects related to risk issues and for target deep dives on risk issues
- Effective partnering with other regional Core Cash Management risk managers and functional partners (Legal, Compliance, Controllers, Audit, IRM) to ensure consistent and efficient risk management framework and approach
- Independent assessment of the completeness and quality of Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSAs) and global New Business Initiatives (NBIs)
- Assist with structuring complex or non-standard transactions; drive global consistency across structures, terms and conditions as appropriate
- Proactively develop and provide risk management training on Core Cash products and general activities
- Knowledge and experience in Risk Management and/or Cash Management Products and Services highly desirable
- Initiative and experience in driving strategic adgenda and proactively identifying issues
- Ability to form strategic views and frame recommendations based on risk assessment
- Excellent decision making skills and judgment
- Excellent influencing and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to successfully lead/execute collaborative efforts with partners from diverse backgrounds, skill sets and priorities
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks and requests in a fast paced and evolving environment, and to prioritize conflicting and multiple requests
- People management and development experience a plus