Commercial Banking International – Strategy & Business Management Analyst - Mumbai
Commercial Banking’s International Banking team provides international expertise, consultative advice and financial solutions to U.S.-based commercial clients and prospects looking to manage/expand their business globally. The International Banking group supplements U.S. marketing efforts with the firm's international capabilities, allowing Commercial Banking’s to bring global solutions to meet the financial needs of clients around the world. Commercial Banking International bankers are experienced in financing options, cash flow funding, term lending, acquisition financing and complex syndicated structures, as well as other critical financial solutions such as international treasury. The group maintains presence in over ten countries within the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
J.P. Morgan is seeking talented candidates for a position as a Strategy & Business Management Analyst in our Commercial Banking International Strategy and Business Management Group, based in India. The Business Management Team functions as an internal business & metrics reporting group responsible for delivering highly quantitative and qualitative reports that support senior management agendas. An analyst on the team will have the opportunity to work on high impact initiatives leading to profitable growth across the Commercial Banking International organization.
As an analyst you will be responsible for delivering on the specific tasks and reporting requirements of the greater Strategy & Business Management Team. Your primary responsibilities as an analyst will be preparing the various types of performance reporting requirements and providing analytical and research support. This will include:
· Provide data analytics support on CB International business reporting requirements (strategic plans, industry analysis, client profiles, etc.)
· Manage data manipulation & data integrity process highlighting key client trends such as revenue by product / by geographic region / by segment / by risk
· Identify and remediate data discrepancies
· Create and advance reporting capabilities and output
· Gather, synthesize, analyze and present metrics data and findings
· Develop strategic presentations for both internal and external audiences
· Construct robust and dynamic reporting infrastructure augmenting strategic management decisions
· Execute creative analyses and provide insight to identify issues and arrive at recommendations
· Simultaneously work on multiple projects across CB International
Opportunities will involve:
· Developing analytical and business intelligence expertise in a variety of functions and businesses
· Honing problem solving, business analytics, communications, and leadership skills in an environment of active mentorship and coaching
· Fostering a career within a top financial institution
· Cross-border engagement with counterparts and senior management of the business
· MBA with 0-2 years experience or engineering graduates with 2-4 years in banking, business management and/or strategy support roles with knowledge of the financial services industry
· Understanding of the various businesses/products within CB International (preferred)
· Advanced and efficient skills using MS Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint tools (required)
· Advanced SQL; SSRS experience (preferred)
· Aptitude for database development and management
· Ability to see a project from start to finish
· Ability to analyze problems, apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written), and work well in cross-functional teams
· Ability to identify process improvement opportunities to improve overall client experience
· Team player and demonstrated work ethic - consistently demonstrates a high level of professionalism in behavior and performance
· Effective prioritization skills to meet a complex set of business demands and demonstrate delivery against multiple objectives
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.