J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. The Asset Management line of business serves institutional, ultra high net worth, high net worth and retail clients through its Global Investment Management and Global Wealth Management businesses. With client assets of $2.4 trillion and assets under management of $1.7 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. (Assets as of Dec. 31, 2015)
Throughout its long and distinguished history, Asset Management has been steadfastly committed to putting its clients' interests first. This fiduciary responsibility defines our relationship with clients and informs every decision we make on their behalf. The Asset Management business is also guided by its strategic objective and business priorities.
Global Investment Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management (Investment Management) is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
• Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns
• More than 1,300 investment professionals providing strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity
• Leadership positions in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is the marketing name for the investment management businesses of JPMorgan Chase & Co. and its affiliates worldwide.
The Asset Management business has a dedicated team within the Front Office supporting Global Proxy Voting across the Equity business. A Proxy Voting vendor (ISS) has been selected to provide meeting notifications and voting recommendations for certain meeting types/agenda items. They also provide support with the routing of instructions back to the companies.
The Corporate Governance Analyst role has been newly created in Investment Operations and will primarily support the Corporate Governance Team with various aspects of the voting process. The Proxy Voting calendar is seasonal, calling for a candidate that can handle a fluctuating workload and work under pressure during peak volumes.
During lower volume periods, there is the opportunity and requirement to participate in Corporate Actions & Equity Middle Office tasks adding a different dimension and variety to the role.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Interacting with the Front Office Corporate Governance Team to facilitate voting instructions for routine meetings/agenda items
• Onboarding of accounts to the Proxy Voting platform
• Initial set up and ongoing renewal of documentation required in certain markets
• Integration of the new role within the Corporate Actions team
• Support of Corporate Actions responsibilities pertaining to voluntary & mandatory events
• Involvement in Equity middle office tasks as these get defined
• Demonstrate flexibility to establish the newly created role within Investment Operations
• To be able to work efficiently as an individual in addition to contributing positively to a strong team environment and team goals
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong analytical skills
• Self-motivated with an active approach to problem resolution
• Possess confident communication skills to effectively liaise with Front Office
• Good organizational skills
• Basic knowledge of our investment processes and financial markets. Relevant industry qualifications preferable (IMC)
Please note there may be a requirement to work bank holidays and possibly weekends.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.