EMEA Compliance: GFCC AML Coverage Strategy Manager – Associate/VP – London/Bournemouth
Global Financial Crimes Compliance (“GFCC”) Anti Money Laundering (“AML”) Coverage Strategy team is responsible for coordinating the Firm’s AML transaction monitoring. Coverage Strategy is responsible for the design and measuring the effectiveness of monitoring strategies to identify suspicious activity and overseeing the operation of automated monitoring systems.
The role within our team is responsible for developing AML coverage strategies across the EMEA region. The team works in partnership with colleagues in the US, APAC and LATAM Compliance, EMEA in-country Compliance/GFCC teams, Compliance Operations, Corporate Sector technology and staff in the lines of business.
Duties & Responsibilities
The AML Coverage Strategist is responsible for the development and validation of automated transaction monitoring systems and models across the EMEA region. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Developing monitoring strategies used to monitor high-risk products and high-risk clients
- Providing recommendations and consultation to lines of business regarding actions/strategies to enhance detection of suspicious activity and monitoring approaches for new products and changes to existing products
- Ensuring monitoring scenarios are producing effective alerts based on the data captured in the transaction monitoring systems
- Ensuring monitoring scenarios for the region's products/clients are appropriately tuned and maintained
- Continuously monitoring for process improvement and monitoring scenario optimization opportunities
- Understanding the business transaction flow from source systems into the alerting and alert disposition process
- Fostering a relationship with the business lines to integrate AML compliance within the organization's culture
- Maintaining knowledge of AML risks and regulations related to AML/CTF regulatory expectations in all EMEA jurisdictions where JPMC operates
Qualifications, Education and Experience
The successful candidate must possess:
The following would be desirable:
Product or Operations knowledge of Investment Banking and Markets products
Working knowledge of trade execution and post-trade services such as clearing and settlement
Demonstrated skills in AML risk assessment
Working knowledge of automated AML transaction monitoring platforms such as Oracle’s Mantas product or equivalents
Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel, particularly experience in handling large volumes of quantitative data
- Demonstrated knowledge of data management, systems, tools and analytics
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Business or related field
Experience in financial regulation
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Grade: Vice President or Associate
Primary Location: Chaseside, Bournemouth, Dorset, UK or Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Corporate Brand: JPMorgan Chase & Co.