J.P. Morgan has the leading Global Credit Trading business in terms of volume traded, issuers traded and investor relationships. J.P. Morgan Global Credit Trading offers first-class, highly integrated financial services to a global client base and provides financial assets and liquidity for banks, insurance companies, finance companies, mutual funds and hedge funds. Traders, salespeople and research analysts work collectively to generate ideas and make secondary markets in high grade bonds/CDS, high yield bonds/CDS, distressed bonds, indices, options, correlation products, and more exotic structures.
The Credit QR team is responsible for developing and maintaining models for valuation, risk, PL calculations, as well as quoting and market making algorithms and analysis tools for the credit flow and exotics businesses. The responsibilities of the team span the full range from new model specification, going through model approval, implementation of model in library, to integration into risk and PL systems. Furthermore, the team is responsible for the implementation of the quoting models, as well as for tools for visualization and analysis of the model outputs.
The opportunity is to join our London team as an associate with a focus on models for pricing and risk of Credit derivatives and securities.
Key responsibilities could include:
• Development of models and procedures for pricing, risk, and PL of derivatives and securities
• Model performance analysis, reserve methodology specification, regulatory analysis
• Analysis of hedging strategies
• Integration of pricing, risk, and PL functionality in our risk system, Athena
• Ongoing desk support
• Working closely with technology on integration of models in applications
• Communicating with Model Review Groups in order to make models pass strict in-house standards
The role requires the combination of a very structured mathematical approach to problem solving, experience with quantitative modelling and risk neutral pricing, business overview, and the ability to work in a dynamic environment. Excellent communication skills are required in our interaction with trading, technology, and control functions. A healthy interest in good software design principles is a requirement as well. A Ph.D. in a numerate subject from a top academic institution is a plus, but not an absolute requirement.
• Very strong mathematical and financial modelling skills.
• Strong interest in programming and design. Ideally some experience with coding in C++. In addition, experience with Python would also be a plus.
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
• Pro-active attitude. Should have a natural interest to learn about our business, models, and infrastructure.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.