JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Security Technology (GST) within Corporate Technology & Risk provides strategic application development and production support to the firm wide Global Security & Investigations. This organization is responsible for all aspects of security including physical access, fraud, pre-employment processing, aviation, resilience, crisis management and other related areas. The team will develop technology solution to maintain firm’s resiliency data, manage recovery strategy for business & technology processes, crisis management, real-time reporting and monitor metrics.
As an Application Development Team Manager and Lead you will help define and drive the technology strategy and road map for the GST organization. You will provide solutions and app architecture, implementation and service delivery expertise. You will develop, mentor and lead a world-class team of software and solutions engineers. You will assume accountability for software quality and governance across a variety of technology stacks such as Java, .NET, NodeJS, HTML5 and AngularJS. Mentoring junior, mid-level and senior-level software engineers is key, as well as career development within software and solutions architecture.
Reporting into the Executive Director of Technology, you will serve as an arbiter of change by driving technology innovation, and fostering a healthy development culture within the team, ensuring timely projects delivery and operational excellence.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Participating in enterprise solutions discussions from concept - implementation
* Driving teams to create digital applications across multiple channels (web, desktop, mobile, kiosk, native iOS and Android), optimizing for low-latency, scalability, security and performance
* Driving teams to produce realistic estimates, work with the Business Analysts and Project Manager to ensure that tasks are completed within estimates and variances identified early
* Actively drive software reviews, demos, and ensure solutions meet the needs of the business
* Drive teams to innovate utilizing latest technologies
* Manage projects to move applications through environments (Development, Test and Production)
* Manage and track removal of impediments and defects, manage new demand; enhancement requests
* 12+ years of software development experience
* 8+ years production applications experience
* 8+ years management and leadership experience (team size: 10+)
* Agile delivery experience
* Strong software and app architecture, analysis, design and development skills
* Experience driving software best practices
* Deliver status reports to senior executives, strong communication skills
* SVN or GIT Code Repository experience
* Operating Systems experience on Windows and Linux, prefer Unix too
* Senior-level experience with Java/J2EE or .NET
* RDBMS development experience and integration
* RESTful APIs experience
* Financial services experience
* NoSQL Experience (CouchDB, MongoDB, Cassandra)
* Apache Geode experience
* RDBMS experience
* AngularJS experience
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.