The CIB Business Architecture and Transformation Group is a dedicated team of project resources that are focused on delivering large scale change initiatives that span across business units to address Business, Industry and Client requirements across the CIB organization. The group provides a unique mix of project skills and product experience that are not tied to a specific business unit enabling it to provide a consistent, high-quality and responsive approach to the way we manage and execute change across the Corporate & Investment Bank.
Core Strategic Programmes
Within BA&T there are a number of Core Strategic programmes which are CIB wide, cannot fail, fixed deadlines initiatives which have an extremely high profile within the organisation. Examples of these are Non-Cleared OTC Derivatives Margin and MIFID2/R.
The team partners with multiple internal groups including ; Sales and Business Management, Legal, Compliance, Operations, Technology, Credit / Market Risk. The role will expose the individual to a variety of functions and Subject Matter Experts within the Bank and as such they will need to able to learn quickly and build relationships at all levels.
Implementations usually span Front to Middle or Front to Back and require the ability to gain traction on decisions and define and meet goals. We also work to carve out budgets and prioritise against other programmes.
Projects are tracked and monitored using a variety of tools and artefacts ( RAID / MS Project / Excel / Powerpoint), with updates presented to various levels of management from PWG to PCC and Steering Committee. The candidate will assist with facilitating these sessions by scheduling them, preparing materials such as scorecards, attending to logistics and recording and tracking actions and decisions.
Given the scale of the programmes we work within the strategic directions laid down by CIB Architecture and those being implemented by other Core Strategic programmes (DCPP / Athena / CDO). As such we actively look for opportunities to optimise existing processes. Whilst it is not always feasible to deliver these within the timelines it is important to recognise these and raise awareness of the decisions that need to be made.
- Project Initiation and Identification of Stakeholders
- Standing up governance processes and artefacts
- Ensuring CIB wide project level requirements are documented and communicated
- Preparation of Testing Strategies and Management of UAT
- Partnering with Technology, Architecture and other Strategic programmes to ensure solution alignment where possible and clarity where not
- Issue management and escalation
- Interaction with Senior Management
- Understanding of OTC Derivative products (Credit, Rates, FX, Equities and Commodities)
- Logical and structured approach to planning and problem solving and decision-making
- Very strong analytical, prioritisation and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate confidently and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Good MS Office skills – Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint
- Risk and controls awareness.
- Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the big picture