Linux System Administration Job Description
· Builds and maintains availability and performance of multiple critical Linux environments
· Supports, configures, and automates the deployment of Linux infrastructure through existing Kickstart/Cobbler/CFEngine infrastructure
· Establishes and recommends policies on system maintenance, use, performance, services and automation
· Troubleshoots internal and external applications, hardware problems and operating system issues
· Work closely with application team to support the install of various big data application
· 8+ years experience in Systems Administration
· 5+ years experience with RedHat Linux
· Good hands-on experience of managing all aspects of system administration functions from initial provisioning to application deployments to performance tuning and troubleshooting to production support
· Experience in automated Kickstart/Cobbler/CFEngine deployments
· Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose infrastructure and performance issues in a Linux environment
· Experience building and configuring systems to support large-scale implementations
· Understands secure authentication mechanisms such as Keon, Kerberos, NIS+, etc
· Good understanding of UNIX OS theory and fundamentals
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills
· Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
· Good understanding of RAID technologies and skills to manage large number of internal disks
· Ability to program in an administrative language (Perl, bash, python, etc.)
· Good understanding of managing the physical and virtualized environment
o Knowledge of Bigdata and hardware patterns
o Knowledge of hardware architecture of latest intel based systems from major vendors
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.