Global Markets: Quant profile for Equity Derivatives
J.P. Morgan’s Global Markets Group (GMG) in Mumbai was set up in 2014 as an extension of the Firm’s Global Markets teams around the world. GMG is a fast growing team covering multiple asset classes across geographies. Deeply integrated with our Global Markets business, the team facilitates deals and transactions by providing vital research and insights for supporting Sales, Structuring and Trading functions across asset classes and geographies.
This position is a Quant profile to support the activities of the Quantitative Research Group (Equities) in London, sitting out of GMG in Mumbai. The Equities QR in Mumbai will play a critical role in providing effective, timely and independent assessments of the Firm’s Equity derivatives booking models of exotic structures and also help in developing new models for structures as and when necessary.
The prime responsibilities for this role will include:
• Booking/ Deal Review: Independent quantitative evaluation of complex and technical models, focusing on payoff construction and would cover methodology, construction and testing of models.
• Model Development: Devising/improving models on new/existing product strategies, building models in the firm’s platform, back-testing of strategies and reconciling back-tests with model outputs.
• Product Pricing models: Independently prepare pricing models for derivative product structures using internal pricing models as per the client requirements.
• Reporting and Compliance: Familiarity with internal and regulatory guidelines on Model assessment and Reporting; Implementation of remediations; reviewing the process of trade booking in the proprietary systems
The candidate will need to work very closely with QR team in London, supporting them just as a direct extension of the team sitting out of Mumbai.
Ideal candidates roles would be Graduates/Post-Graduates with good academic record from top Colleges (Computer Science/Engg./Stats./Math./Economics).
- Highly analytical bent of mind and quantitative skills; high level of proficiency in Excel/VBA, C++ / Python programming; proficiency in using statistical analysis software like Matlab,; Monte Carlo simulation and High performance computing
- Close attention to detail and ability to work to very high standards
- Good communication and team skills in a multi-location set up
- Product knowledge: Good understanding of across a broad array of products used in Markets like Swaps, Options and other Derivatives , as well as equity as an asset class
- Relevant experience in similar roles in Quant Research and Model Development / Validation will be an advantage.
J.P. Morgan’s Global Markets Group (GMG) provides a challenging work environment and excellent opportunities to learn and grow both at the GMG and in the Firm’s Global network.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.