Data Management governance is how an enterprise manages its data assets within a control environment. Data Management include the rules, policies, procedures, roles and responsibilities and controls that guide the overall management of an enterprise’s data and provides the guidance to ensure that data is reliable and high-quality. In short, making data certified for use.
The Data Management Team will focus on four key objectives 1.) Ensure consistent data quality across CCB, 2.) Establish data standards and governance, 3.) Integrate data across CCB (both operational and analytical), and 4.) Certify data used for remediation, external board reporting, as well as policy and process implementations.
The Data Management Council (DMC) Intake Analyst works within the CCB DM Intake team context to review intake requests, process data submissions, prepare & load data into the CCB strategic data certification platform (MRDX), initiate workflows, and complete process steps through successful hand-off to the Line of Business (LOB) Data Stewards for their certification activities. The role entails significant interaction with the global team manager, peers, and intake clients – and thus requires effective communication skills (verbal and written).
Bachelor degree (preferably in MIS / Computer Science / Information Technology / Engineering)
• 5+ years of IT / Business Analyst experience
• Intermediate written and oral communications skills
• Intermediate data analysis / data management skills
• Advanced MS-EXCEL skills
• Knowledge of the MS-SharePoint platform
• Ability to work well with peers and customers of varying levels of technical expertise
• Successful experience as a member of a team / project group
• Flexible and responsive to changing priorities, tasks assignments, and ad hoc request
• Ability to manage assignments and independently provide time estimates for assigned delivery tasks
• Problem Solving: must possess strong analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques; should possess in-depth knowledge of the business unit’s functions and applications
• Demonstrated initiative / good judgment in decision making; taking appropriate actions on data workflow alignments according to established standards & best practices with minimal assistance; communicates, collaborates, engages, escalates, and educates stakeholders, as appropriate
• Desirable: Background in data analysis / data management functions
• Desirable: Understanding of data repositories / dictionary concepts
• Desirable: Understanding of data workflow tools (MRDX preferable)