JPMorgan Private Bank is the world’s premier private bank, operating globally, catering for an ultra high net worth client base with highly sophisticated investment, wealth preservation and financing requirements. Through discretionary and brokerage services the Private Bank offers a broad range of investment solutions encompassing alternative investments, structured products, mutual funds, derivatives and securities. It also offers cash management, corporate finance advice, structured lending, and acts as manager of regulated funds. For the EMEA platform product origination, structuring and execution are conducted from the London operation.
EMEA Compliance Coverage Strategy
The EMEA Compliance coverage strategy requires:
Product expertise, the in-depth knowledge of a full range of products, including fx and securities, banking products, derivatives, structured products, investment funds (including Hedge Funds and Private Equity), their purpose, target clients, specific relevant risks, deal/trade/process flow and settlement.
Core expertise, the in-depth knowledge and application of firm policy and regulatory requirements across multiple product, service and jurisdictions. Examples include Suitability, Financial Promotions, CASS rules, Conflicts of Interest, Private Placement rules, AML, Chinese Walls, FCA Licensing & Registration, Disclosure of Interest, Best Execution, Market Abuse, and UCITSand AIFMD.
The above general advisory experience is a requirement, but in this case specialist experience in the following areas is key:
- Mortgage advisory and execution only business, detailed knowledge of MMR / MCOBs
- Credit Advisory
- Consumer Credit
Experience in the review of New Business Initiatives from a Compliance perspective would also be beneficial.
The successful candidate will report directly to EMEA GWM Team Lead / Compliance Director. The individual will provide general advisory support to the Private Bank businesses conducted in the region and will specifically focus on mortgage and credit advisory as well as general private banking activities and other investment products. The individual will:
· Assess and analyse Compliance and Regulatory issues;in particular focusing on implementation of the Mortgage Credit Directive; MCOB and Consumer Credit Regulation.
· Assess and analyse the impact of proposed new products, services and procedures;
· Assist business management in the development of policies and procedures designed to achieve and ensure compliance with firm and regulatory requirements;
· Provide clear advice on the application of UK, EU and US rules and firm policy;
· Liaise with internal and external auditors and manage responses and action compliance issues raised in audit reports & Control Self Assessment reviews;
· Work with global and regional compliance management;
· Identify and investigate potential rule and policy breaches, conduct investigations, coordinating corrective action with other control functions as necessary/required;
· Keep abreast of industry trends and “hot issues” and anticipate areas of focus and attention of regulators, keeping business management and Compliance colleagues informed.
Qualifications and Skills
· Educated preferably to Degree Level, possibly with appropriate accounting or legal qualification/background.
· Significant experience working in a similar role.
· Good working knowledge of FCA Handbook, EU regulations and US securities laws.
· Excellent working knowledge of Private Banking investment products and alternative investments.
· Previous work experience in Investment Banking, Private Banking or Alternative Asset Management.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment
· Attention to detail and control/quality awareness.
· Good communication skills especially the ability to articulate complex issues to a range of audiences, including business management, other Legal and Compliance colleagues, Audit and regulatory authorities.
· Good organisational and planning skills.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.4 trillion, over 200,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across six business segments including Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Treasury & Securities Services, Asset & Wealth Management, Retail Financial Services and Card Services.
The Wealth Management division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. is part of the Asset & Wealth Management business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customised solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $1.25 trillion, it is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.