About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, consumer financial services, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
About J.P.Morgan Treasury & Security Services
Treasury & Securities Services (TSS) generates more than $8 billion in revenue annually and is a global leader in custody, securities lending, fund accounting and administration, as well as in treasury services. TSS supports the needs of institutional clients worldwide and is one of the top three providers in both of its businesses: Treasury Services (TS) and Worldwide Securities Services (WSS).
About J.P. Morgan Worldwide Securities Services
J.P. Morgan Worldwide Securities Services (WSS) is a premier securities servicing provider that helps institutional investors, alternative asset managers, broker dealers and equity issuers optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue. WSS leverages the firm’s global scale, leading technology and deep industry expertise to service investments around the world. It has $16.1 trillion in assets under custody and $6.7 trillion in funds under administration.
The Client Implementation team is responsible for all hedge fund, private equity and mutual fund onboarding engagements in the J.P. Morgan Americas region. The team leads projects by coordinating the requisite onboarding activities of related in-scope J.P. Morgan line of business onboarding teams for seamless client fund conversions and launches. As key point of onboarding contact, escalation and reporting, the team through the creation of a repeatable and scalable process ensures a consistent onboarding client experience.
The implementation manager will independently manage multiple alternative onboarding engagements consisting of private equity, hedge funds, 40 Act mutual funds or Hybrids. This highly visible role demands frequent client contact, as well working closely with J.P. Morgan client service teams and key internal project stakeholders. The manager will also be required to establish and meet project milestones, identify project risks and take corrective actions to mitigate identified risks. The role will also seek to facilitate discussions and contribute to the development of non standard solutions necessary to accommodate certain key client operational nuances and limitations.
• Lead large and complex onboarding engagements
• Conduct internal/external discussions to develop the master project plan
• Engage requisite stakeholders during periodic calls to evaluate progress, discuss and provide project updates
• Knowledge of required onboarding documentation and tasks
• Meet established deadlines and communicate delays to stakeholders
• Effective prioritisation, tracking and reporting on multiple implementation projects
• Prepare and participate in client pitch presentations
• Prepare management reports, contribute to and adhere to operational controls
• Participate in ad hoc projects and business initiatives
Background / Core Competencies:
- Team Management –Demonstrated ability of managing negotiating with virtual teams in a fast paced environments
- Project Management Experience –Minimum of 5 years track record of successful project execution and delivery
- Industry Knowledge –Working knowledge of alternative investment vehicles as well as prime brokerage, custody, fund administration operations
- Subject Matter Expertise –Working knowledge of securities products
- Organization & Planning –Demonstrated ability to track and monitor multiple deliverables, and provide clarity and guidance to stakeholders
- Client Engagement and Presentation –Demonstrated experience interacting directly with stakeholders at all levels, utilizing excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship Development –Establish and develop partnerships to drive results
- Analysis and Problem Solving –Demonstrated ability identify relevant issues , problem solving, good critical thinking and decision making skills
- Technology Applications –Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.