JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
Core Foundation Services (CFS) provides secure, standard and cost-effective naming, monitoring, automation, configuration, patching, and authentication solutions for the firm that can be seamlessly leveraged by all Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) services. These services are available for consumption by all lines of business via self-service portals and through other customer-service channels. CFS is responsible for:
- Configuration Management and Orchestration Services (Automated OS Build, CFEngine, SCCM, SCSM)
- DDI (Domain Name System, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, IP Address Management, Network/Precision Time Protocols)
- Directory Services (Active Directory, Active Roles Server, eDirectory, iChangeIT, Keon)
- Enterprise Monitoring Services (SCOM, Monitoring Alert Correlation, UNIX Monitoring, VMware vCenter Operations Manager)
The CFS management team is seeking a candidate to fill its Architecture Director position. She/he will responsible for the technical design of CFS products and their integration into larger service offerings. The Architecture Director interprets business strategy into Target State Architecture utilizing patterns, cost models and industry best practices, and will apply governance techniques to ensure that projects align to the defined Target State.
The candidate must be an experienced leader, able to work in a global team setting and adapt to dynamic requirements.
- Primarily accountable for one function/job family
- Lead multi-year technical roadmap strategy; influences investment budgets
- Strategic leader of organizational, operational and/or technological change
- Directs architecture organizations responsible for a particular functional area. Sets the priorities for the organization. Makes key project governance and target state decisions.
- Oversees staff in producing key architecture deliverables
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring less experienced team members
- Oversees the production of architectural delivery and standards
Expert in multiple technologies and design techniques:
- Highly experienced in developing highly scalable distributed systems.
Highly knowledgeable in Operating System Internals
Experience in end-to-end systems automation and orchestration.
Experience in Configuration Management Systems
Skills and experience in both Systems Engineering and Software development
Experience in Systems and Application monitoring systems and instrumentation.
Experience in graph database.
Experience in Big Data Architecture and Design
Experience in Complex Event Processing System
Experience in Message Bus
Experience in Network, Infrastructure, Systems design, deployment and operations
Experience in Data Object Model Design and abstraction
Experience in API Design and Development
In addition to Technical Skills, proficient in the following:
Global Team Management Experience
Technological, Organizational and/or Operational change management
Partnership & Influence
Budget / Financial Management including Business Case completion
- Expert in job Family discipline and business analysis skills
- Proficient in all business processes across the entire LOB
- Participates in setting and driving the business' strategic direction in changing the way we deliver Technology to better meet Business needs
- Ensures risk controls and compliance to departmental and company wide standards
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Creates client centric environment for work with teams and contributors