CIO – Analyst/Associate – Asset-Liability Management/Interest Rate Risk
The Chief Investment Office (CIO) is a critical function within Corporate Financial Management responsible for:
· Optimizing and ensuring the safety and soundness of the firm's balance sheet.
· Managing various structural risks created by the day-to-day activities of the firm's operating businesses.
· Investing a portion of the firm's excess capital, when appropriate, in high credit quality, liquid investments.
· Analyzing the firm’s line of business and consolidated interest rate risk.
Key objectives of CIO activities are to protect the firm from financial losses while preserving and increasing long term capital value.
The Analyst/Associate position is part of the ALM (Asset/Liability Management) Strategy team within the Global Portfolio Strategy Group. The Analyst/Associate will focus on all aspects of asset/liability management including: modeling, developing risk concepts and methodologies, driving improvement in production processes, and conducting analyses around business strategy and financial products. The ideal candidate should have experience in risk modeling and interest rate risk management with knowledge of banking products as well as excellent time management and organization skills
· Advance risk analytics at the product, line-of-business and Firm level including topics:
o Earnings-at-Risk, Duration of Equity, Economic Value of Equity, Future market value, advanced scenario analysis and development, partial durations, stress market value
· Become a product level expert (subject matter expert) with detailed understanding of all aspects of interest rate risk (IRR) for specific product categories (e.g. Wholesale or Retail deposits, Mortgage loans, Auto loans, Credit Card loans, Wholesale funding). This understanding will include:
o Underlying source data analytics/analysis, product attributes/assumptions, LOB models, product forecasts (CCAR, Budget, Risk Appetite)
· Use code and programming to investigate and analyze product and firm level interest rate risk metrics.
· Develop, improve and implement product level cash flow models
· Create and present IRR analysis and presentations to senior management, risk oversight and external regulators
· Use tools and knowledge to assist production team to implement advanced IRR analytics and analysis
· Execute on ad-hoc tasks including large quantities of data
· Partner with IRR reporting/production team, model risk, internal audit, Risk Oversight, and Oversight & Control groups
The candidate must be a self starter who is able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.