Chase & Co (NYSE:JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with
assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking,
financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking,
financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
Corporate Technology & Risk (CTR) delivers streamlined and
consistent solutions supporting JPMorgan Chase’s Controls, Compliance,
Legal, HR and IT Risk agendas, with a focus on stability, delivery,
efficiencies and people. The goal of CTR’s drive to standardization,
consistency and simplicity is a JPMorgan Chase architecture that fosters
long-term productivity, quality and innovation across the entire
enterprise. The disciplines within this organization are Compliance
Technology, Oversight & Controls Technology, Legal &
e-Discovery, Identity & Access Management, IT Risk & Controls,
HR Real Estate & Global Services Technology, and Third Party Risk
Technology Operations Director will provide enterprise level oversight
for the EAA (Enterprise Access Administration) global Application
Security organization. The individual will report to the firm-wide head
of EAA and will be accountable for the overall strategy and direction of
the Operations teams supporting application security administration
across all lines of business. They will be directing the Application
Security operations organization and driving strategy for request
processing and incident management. As well as, ensuring service
delivery and performance of the team as it relates to access
administration activities. This individual will be accountable for
implementation of strategic initiatives related to new or enhanced
security products and toolsets on supported environments. They will
identify, define, approve and ensure implementation of continuous
process improvements utilizing various tools and methodologies. They
will be expected to manage operational risk and ensure compliance to all
internal and external policies and regulations. Ensure appropriate
control environment is developed and maintained. Ensure successful
implementation of action plans to address risk and control issues.
Promote security awareness across the firm on an on-going basis.
addition, this role is accountable for coordinating with the Transition
Management Office to ensure speedy and effective integration and
centralization of access administration from various lines of business
into EAA. This person must be comfortable with data analytics, business
intelligence generation, metrics and reporting, and preparing and
presenting presentations to executive management.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Define, report on, and execute against the vision, goals and critical success factors for this tower.
- Capacity planning and management.
- Prepare business cases for staffing decisions; approve recommendations on hiring and staffing decisions.
- Evaluate and execute appropriate staffing plans in order to achieve departmental goals.
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery for the Operation.
that the operating model consists of appropriate levels of resiliency
across all responsible locations, documented and tested accordingly.
current processes and drive positive change in: controls, data quality,
regulatory compliance, and on-boarding/off-boarding initiatives.
with global operations management to promote risk awareness and
compliance, in line with established IT Control policies, processes and
- Provide leadership, direction and support to all Operations staff globally.
- Develop and implement effective processes to identify, escalate, report and track risk related issues.
and coordinate with Information Owners, IRMs and Application Support
teams and I&AM Controls and Governance to improve controls around
- Perform all analysis required for control/audit requests and closure of RCSA Action Plans.
all internal/external audits and ensure timely and effective response
for all requests for information on a priority basis.
- Manage any adhoc compliance and security-related projects as required by management.
- Provide on-going (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) analysis and reporting on team performance and progress.
- Expense management and financial planning.
- Collaboration with global stakeholders.
- International travel required; 5-10% travel expected for role.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. MBA or a masters degree in Risk Management,
Operations or similar discipline preferred or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of management experience in global operations and/or technology risk management.
- 10+ years of experience and/or knowledge with Information Security/Risk Management.
- 3+ years of experience with risk and controls analysis or related; is preferred.
- Industry recognized certifications (CISA, CISM, CRISC) recommended.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to negotiate, compromise and demonstrate diplomacy in sensitive situations and to interact effectively with senior management.
- Understanding of key controls and how they impact the business from an operational or systems perspective.
- Experience executing deep dive reviews to identify process and control gaps and identify the root cause of issues to ensure appropriate controls are enhanced or implemented to prevent reoccurrence.
- Proven leadership skills with excellent track record in delivering high performance.
- Demonstrated coaching, motivational and team building skills.
- Experience with operational risk analysis, process improvement, end-to-end process reviews and process flow mapping.Strong strategic thinking, research, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent project management skills to manage risk initiatives in a global environment.
- Ability to identify ways to increase efficiency and effectiveness of work performed and resources utilized.
- Provide sound advice and guidance to add value and address problems
- Ability to effectively influence peers and business partners to achieve objectives.
- Foster partnerships will all stakeholders to contribute to the firm’s success
- Attentive listener who is able to receive and react appropriately to feedback provided by stakeholders.
- Is articulate and composed when delivering difficult messages to stakeholders.
- Effectively mediate and resolve conflict either within existing team or with stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency.
- Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple, simultaneous, complex priorities.
- Good organizational skills & planning ability.
- Thrives on challenges in a fluid working environment.
- Results orientated without compromising control